Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC may suspend or terminate your account and may result in criminal and civil liability. Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected.
Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC's Acceptable Use Policy (the "policy") for Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC Services is designed to help protect Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC, Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC's customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC. Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC reserves the right to modify the policy at any time, effective upon posting here.
Examples of Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat or violates export control laws.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address, or utilizing any resource hosted on Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC's servers is prohibited. Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service provider where those messages violate this policy or that of the other provider.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to or from any Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC-hosted domain, or referencing any Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC account is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks, stress testing, or port scanning.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information or hardware of any Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC network or on another provider's network.
- Using Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC's Services to interfere with the use of the Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC network by other customers or authorized users.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
- Forging or modifying the source IP address within the header of IP packets originating from your service. e.g. Spoofing
- Indirect or attempted violations of the policy, and actual or attempted violations by a third party on behalf of an Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC customer or a customer's end-user, shall be considered violations of the policy by such customer or end-user.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of any Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC customer will be forwarded to the Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC Acceptable Use Policy occur, Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC's AUP as Infinite 8 Enterprises, LLC deems appropriate, without notice.
Please direct any questions regarding our Acceptable Use Policy to firstname.lastname@example.org